The GILC during the Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair at Asia World Expo (AWE) will be held on September 22, 2011 from 9:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs. A light breakfast will be served starting at 8:30 hrs., lunch will also be served.
Joining the panel of distinguished experts are: Prof. Mimi Ou Yang, Founder, Hong Kong Institute of Gemmology; and Louis Lo, Chairman, Gemmological Association of Hong Kong.
- Fei Cui (Jadeite) Stage 2 for the Certification and Testing Council of Hong Kong Government: Louis Lo, Chairman, Gemmological Association of Hong Kong
- Recent Developments of the Jadeite Market in China: Humphrey Yen Kwan
- Mineralogical Science of Jade: Dr. Pornsawat Wathanakul, Gem & Jewelry Institute of Thailand (GIT)
- Lead-glass Filled Ruby Nomenclature Harmonization: Douglas Hucker, American Gem Trade Association
- LMHC Discussion: Nilam Alawadeen